Flooding Risk Assessment
Probably the most important thing to do is to determine the risk to your business. A good place to start is the
Remove the Planning zones and open up the land management folder and select floodway, land subject to inundation and special buildings. Then click refresh map.
This will produce the following data:
Risk to movement throughout the state.
Flooding will cause issues for businesses needing deliveries, doing deliveries or getting staff out onsite, as well as getting the team into work. Check the Vic Roads map for latest closures.
Tips to prepare for flooding:
- Avoid parking in basement car parks.
- Assess your roof, spouting and downpipes. (This happened to us in January and ended up with massive internal flooding)
- Look at the flood maps, but also assess for localised flooding. Water may build up faster than it can run off and low areas and buildings can be effected.
- Move all sensitive equipment (like servers) up off the ground and above the expected peak level.
- Review (or create) a register of important numbers
- Insurance policy
- Roof repairs
Flooding Resources for Businesses: